Thursday, February 12, 2015

Fandom Art: Doctor Who Block Painting

I am a big Doctor Who fan (and Star Trek, and well, you know sci-fi in general, lol), so you'll see some TV related art from me from time to time. I wanted to do a simple "graphic art" piece, but not so... galactic?


I re-purposed a canvas that I botched (lol, I just didn't like how it turned out). It had a grey gesso base, which was perfect for this project. I used artist professional tape to block out my image and a Tardis blue spray paint to evenly coat the background. It took several coats, but I'm very happy with how well it turned out.

Next, after everything dried, I removed the tape and added details in with a white paint pen.


This was super easy and makes a subtle statement that I can slip into my living room decor without standing out. I'm thinking of adding it to a book shelf or grouping with some decorative elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment